sophia stuart is an award-winning digital strategist and technology commentator for ELLE China, Esquire Mexico, International Cinematographer’s Guild magazine and Ziff Davis PCMag, covering artificial intelligence, brain-machine interfaces, cyborgs and robots at Caltech, DARPA, NASA and US Army Cyber Command. She also reports from Hollywood on science fiction films, has interviewed directors Drake Doremus, Spike Jonze and Ridley Scott, former FBI agents, military, space and espionage experts. She is British, based in Los Angeles, CA. and represented by the literary agent Lisa Gallagher.
While head of digital at Hearst Magazines International, responsible for the strategy of Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Harper’s Bazaar and Seventeenin almost 100 countries, including China, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Spain, Russia, South Africa and the UK, sophia was voted one of the “Top 21 Social Media Superstars” (Min Online) and her group won many awards: EPPY (Harper’s Bazaar Espana), Asian Publishing Award (Cosmopolitan China), Digital Media Publishers Award (Cosmopolitan South Africa), Advertising Age Media Vanguard Award (Cosmopolitan International Digital Strategy), Webby Award (Cosmopolitan Mobile).
Now based in L.A, under the banner of her own company, teamgloria, inc, sophia consults on digital strategy for entrepreneurs (#TheDigitalCheckUp) and on agencies’ client assignments and publications (Faith Popcorn’s Brain Reserve, Mind Over Media, Pace Communications, Redbird Group, The Frontier Project). As a digital expert, she speaks widely at conferences (4As, Bookmarks South Africa, FIPP, IAB, Lloyd Hotel Cultural Embassy Amsterdam, Nasdaq, Nokia World, O’Reilly, The Screen Director’s Guild of Ireland) and on BBC Radio 4.
- 20th Century Fox: The Devil Wears Prada: digital strategy for theatrical release
- 20th Century Fox: The Devil Wears Prada: wrote and directed online game
- Bookmarks Awards: international judge and speaker (South Africa)
- Common Purpose (UK): 2D virtual world, 4 x sites, digital marketing materials
- ELLE China: Cover story: Sophia Amoruso, CEO, Nasty Gal #GIRLBOSS
- Esquire Mexico: Google Futures, Her (Spike Jonze, Joaquin Phoenix interviews)
- Faith Popcorn’s Brain Reserve: social media strategy
- First American Title: interactive sales and marketing materials
- Hay House: Heal Your Life and Hay House Radio site re-launches
- Hearst International: multiple brand sites (300), apps, mobile, digital editions
- Hearst Mobile: I Had No Idea My Phone Could Do That! cross-platform campaign
- Hearst UK: corporate site, multiple brand sites (22) and ecommerce partnerships
- Hearst USA: Hearst Mobile, including VZW, VCAST, Sprint, at&t partnerships
- Hollywood Locations: digital strategy, ghostwriting & social media feeds
- Louise Galvin: ghostwriting blog, book proposal, social media strategy
- Mind Over Media: (agency client assignments): Avery, Banner Health, CalClosets, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Position Match, Scrubs, Staples
- New Line Cinema: Take The Lead: directed mash-up motion capture game
- Neven Vision (now part of Google): exhibition presentation, digital strategy
- Pace Communications: Four Seasons Magazine: Opinion piece on digital
- Pace Communications: Four Seasons digital strategy commission
- Pocket Gems: Mayfair Brooks: directed mobile episodic drama game (15 part series)
- Redbird Group: (agency client assignments): CertaPro, J&J Shoes, The Glenlivet
- Screen Director’s Guild of Ireland: digital strategy speaker (Dublin)
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche: distance learning/digital strategy/site strategies
- TheDigitalCheckUp.com: digital strategy for entrepreneurs: Ian Birch, Susie Corwin, Joanna Degeneres, Lanie Denslow, Richard Hayden, Patty Gift, Bobbi Thompson
- The Frontier Project: Robots feature for Dispatches
- The Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Centre: digital speaker at salon event (Amsterdam)
- UKTI: Non-Executive Director, US Trade & Investment US Council
- Voltari: digital strategy
- Worldwide Entertainment: The Green Inferno: Production Notes [Eli Roth]
- Ziff Davis (PCMAG): 77 features (to date) on artificial intelligence, augmented reality, brain-machine interfaces, Caltech, DARPA, Hollywood movies, Internet of Things, NASA, Ridley Scott, robots, Trinity College Dublin, UCLA, USC, virtual worlds
sophia is also the author of How To Stay Sane In A Crazy World (Hay House 2014), featured in ELLE China, Harper’s Bazaar Australia, O, The Oprah Magazine and BBC Radio 4. She is represented by the literary agent, Lisa Gallagher at DeFiore & Company, NY.
teamgloria, inc is now the S Corp which acts as a holding company for sophia’s consulting and writing work.