here’s the theme:
In today’s challenge we want you to grab an image from your world that holds the promise or portent of the future. It could be:
- As everyday as the experience of waiting for a bus or train.
- As abstract as something that symbolizes your ambitions or hopes for the future.
- A note, prayer or promise jotted on a napkin or cross-stitched with exquisite tenderness.
- The promise or portent of spring, sunrise, or storm in nature.
- A street candid of someone nervously waiting on their date to arrive.
- A piano falling from a third storey flat into the oncoming path of an adorable kitten. Or any other action about to take place.
- Anything that involves the present and a hint of the future all in one frame.
We spend so much of our lives thinking back, or looking ahead, and even though a photo captures only one moment in time, with a bit of thought it can freeze the process of moving forward, or the promise of things to come. Your challenge this week is to seal one such moment in amber.
and here’s our Response:
we were in taipei, taiwan on a business trip for the Day Job and had a few stolen hours to jump into a waiting car and visit a museum and it was rushed (too rushed, sadly) but we Took in what we could and then we stood, just looking at this statue and saw the woman to the left of the frame look back too – we caught them both – and thought – one day, we would love to see someone else look back at something beautiful we have created and receive grace or joy or thoughtfulness or just full-of-personal-reverie-and-meaning.
cut to three years later…..
something shifts when one sends up a little message of hope in the sunlit lobby of a museum in taipei, clearly.