we were at George
‘s for tea this morning – hopefully we can show you the portraits that we took (but only if we get picture Approval because we’re That sort of a kind photographer, darlings, as many of you know
Now – back to the matter at hand!
our newest friend via the interweb, Beautycalypse
, responded to Our questions here
and then turned around – in Berlin (such a glorious city) – and said, “Answer these, in return, please.”
and so we must *bowing_humbly*.
because we started our career as a journalist and so Questions and answers are integral to our very thrilling experience of life itself.
someone said, “are those Your
answers, or gloria’s?” and we looked all confused and to be honest, we’re not entirely sure.
do we have to decide today?
we thought not *small_smile_to_camera*
so here goes!
1. What tourist places – anywhere in the world – would you love to see out of hours?
2. Name a menu you would set up and be able to cook in order to impress a new love interest.
we don’t really cook, per se.
but we love to arrange the following on our beautiful set of pure white plates from clever Mr. Conran with heavy silver cutlery: figs, camembert, apricots, avocado, chicory, walnuts and olives.
3. Animals are property – by law. Is it slavery or absolutely normal because we are the crown of creation?
we know many a willing slave in the guise of a black labrador willing to be subjugated in return for Love and walks and a regular meal.
4. If you could ask for ANY fine artist, graphic novelist, fashion illustrator, sculptor, or photographer, dead or alive, who should make your portrait and how would you be pictured?
black and white portrait, just a key light, by terence donovan – always wanted to meet him – distraught when he died – stood outside his studio that day near berkeley square, london and wept.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?
guilt is a useless emotion ;-)
6. What advice would you like to give your 18 y.o. self?
that pink lipstick from Miss. Selfridge really doesn’t do you justice, sweetheart.
7. When did you last lie and why?
a few days ago. to avoid repeating a bad situation. it was necessary.
8. What was the book/fairy tale/short story that moved you the most as a child?
9. Who scares you the most: Dr. Moreau or Dr. Frankenstein?
10. Who’s your favourite James Bond villain? Explain.
Javier Bardem was extraordinary – properly shivery and with some excellent up to the minute geek gadgetry and smart intellectual concepts.
11. Since it’s the LIEBSTER (“beloved”) blog award: What is your favourite old-fashioned word that you actually like to use?
“splendid” is one we do use on a very regular basis – especially in a text message when it is unexpectedly enjoyed.
7. When writing, I wear my writing cocktail rings.
8. Do you identify with any of the characters in Pretty in Pink? If so, which one? And – still?
Oh I’m so sorry, but I can’t answer to this. It’s The Breakfast Club for me.
now we’re intrigued…….which character in the Breakfast Club do You identify with?
we’ve been all of them (even, briefly, on just one shining afternoon when we were Finally told we HAD to participate in sporting activities, the Jock, because we surprised everyone with our prowess – hey, once a competitive person, always a competitive person).
but secretly we always wanted to be Judd Nelson.
how about you?