don’t you just love the Fab Four?

we started to sing “Here Comes The Sun” at 06:02 AM chez teamgloria towers (softly, because the people in the building who get up early to go the insane-stationary-cycles-gym nearby had already left – the others were still s l e e p i n g – we know because we sometimes meet them in the Laundry Room and they look shocked by life and not enough hours before midnight if you know what we mean).

ooo! look! someone’s done a Pan Flute version so you can sing along!

“Here Comes The Sun”

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it’s all rightLittle darling, it’s been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it’s been hereHere comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it’s all rightLittle darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been here

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it’s all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been clear

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it’s all right
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
It’s all right, it’s all right

and here’s why we started s i n g i n g today.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAwell.

that was lovely.

and thank you for singing along too.

Wait!

here’s the other one we sing in the morning* if you’d like to join in (and can see this transmission in your territory).

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 7.30.26 AMoh. that is curious. we read the Lyrics and it appears to be a somewhat Ironic Song.

well.

(pauses)

wednesdays are not a day for Irony.

just so you know.

in fact Los Angeles is not really a place for Irony.

Irony has its place but it prefers to Live here or, most likely, Here (it Thrives in both spots on the globe).

if you attempt Irony in Los Angeles you will just upset people and they don’t like to have any emotion that is less than sparkly over here.

which is why we live here.

and sometimes attempt Irony just in the comfort of our own place, with a very select few, just to remind us how its done.

and then we get back to whimsy-at-the-sunrise.

14 thoughts on “here comes the sun, without irony but with a light cashmere scarf if it is very early in los angeles

1. Gallivanta says:

Whimsy at sunrise is lovely, at your place. I always sleep through sunrise ; what a lot I miss. By the way,(yes, even an old ‘people’ like me, says BTW) why do some of the power ?/phone? lines look shredded? Are they really?

2. julia says:

these americans… pay 300 bucks per month to go cycling INSIDE when the ALWAYS have amazing weather.
    besides that… i certainly do think that irony is not a permanent resident in my city. in fact, it might come over three or four times a year from england…. or rather ireland, i think ;)
    beautiful photos as always. (make me miss the LA sky again. but it is a beautiful bittersweet feeling that i do appreciate)
    kisses from this side of the pond.

yes, tis amusing – and not just to cycle Inside but to get shouted at by an instructor who feels viciously upset that they didn’t ever get that Call Back to Chorus Line and now takes it out on their willing masochists while the music blares like a bad disco in southern greece circe 1984..

3. maedez says:

Being a night owl, I forget that there are people in the world who actually rise with (or even *gulp* before) the sun. That view would almost make it worthwhile. Of course, I would fall back into bed by 10:00 in a dead faint, so maybe not. :)

we often have to take a little nap in the middle of the day if we can ;-)

or just 10 minutes in the car in a shady spot with the doors locked and the alarm on our phone set and the seat rolled all the way back – #discoNap

1. maedez says:

Well, that sounds so enticing that I am almost convinced. Whilst staying at my mother’s, I have the most delectable view of the city skyline from the bedroom window. If the sunrise is as pretty as the sunset, it would probably be worth the effort of rising so early. But my body is already laughing at me for even contemplating the notion, so…