palm springs: pictures by us, words by e e cummings.

it’s beautiful here.

and so desirous of poetry – so here is our (imaginary) companion, mr. e e cummings, to help us illustrate the delicious feelings here present betwixt and between (worlds).

“I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.”
e. e. cummings

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit”
e.e. cummings

17 thoughts on “palm springs: pictures by us, words by e e cummings.

1. notausgang says:

A beautiful match.
    Without those poems the photos could have been a teaser to a David Lynch movie! there’s a certain shadow of suspence lurking behind those shots.

you made us think about when Harry was driven by Sally into NYC for the first time (in the movie) and she says “I have just as much of a dark side as the next person!” and he tells her about reading the last page of a book so if he dies he will know how it ends.

we. do. that. too.

now that, my friend, is a Dark Side ;-)

1. notausgang says:

hmmmm, to me, this is somebody being in control. somebody who hates bad surprises (personally I hate them. I don’t even like incoming phone calls if not announced! I prefer calling people myself at a discussed time, or receiving emails and letters.)

so I presume there’s nothing dark in that, we just can’t all be hippies :)

oh yes. agreed.

people know not to call us directly but to send a text to make an appointment because, as we tell them, “we can be fully present and correct for you at that Time.”

and that’s Partly True.

1. notausgang says:

…and how rude it is of some people to disrespect phone/skype appointments. those are appointments just like any other RL-appointments. oh well, might make them wait for the next slot the longer.

2. Michael says:

Glory Dear!
    I’m remiss in letting so much time go by without expressing my excitement (novel!) and my congrats (an anniversary is RL!), but I had to pause and say that these pictures by you, and words by the great Cummings, were both of particular inspiration in the middle of less than stellar week. Enjoy the rest of your visit and thank you for all things Glori-ous!
    xx