the most lovely Madame de Pique has graciously bestowed on us a nomination for an award, which is Most delicious, *humblecurtsey*.
however, we are going to break the rules (and not make any New nominations ourselves) because we have engaged, quite recently, in a long (and some might say exhausting) round of a similar experience of nominating and reading and commenting and being re-nominated and we just can’t face putting people through that again…..
so just because it’s Sunday and we’re feeling a tiny bit jet-lagged but generous – do check out Madame de Pique’s nominations so we can expand our family of aesthetes around the world a little more each day.
Nominations from Madame de Pique
(in a perfectly random manner)
- Tiaras and Trianon
- the Pragmatic Costumer
- Empress Chronicles
- Life Takes Lemons
- Saints, Sisters and Sluts
- teamgloria (note to self, you’re already here, darlings)
- Sifting the Past
- Good Gentlewomen
- Versailles Gossip
- Cafe Royal
- Education of Madame X
- Les Favorites Royale
- Edwardian Promenade
- WTF Art History
and now our 7 random facts:
- a ripe peach with feta cheese (small cubes please) is our preferred breakfast fare
- this is our favo(u)rite photograph (taken by someone else) of all time (we have a large copy of it in our boudoir)
- celestial blue and slipper satin pink are the most soothing shades and we have accents of both all over our house
- we don’t like distractions so we don’t have skype, cable (television) or a facebook account
- we long to have a house in new orleans and work with Patrick Dunne on its decoration
- we wear three fragrances, depending on mood, time of day or activity ahead: Vivienne Westwood Boudoir, Chanel No. 5 and Chloe by Chloe (originally launched by Karl – may we call him Karl? in 1975 – not easy to find as the market has all the updated ones, not nearly as evocative of estoril, portugal circa 1984, but we just visited a classic fragrance seller in manhattan and found a single bottle which we brought home)
- we are slightly scared by writing because it seems to come from somewhere else and is a most insistent energy when it wants to be expressed, no matter where or what we are doing at that moment
and now here are a few photographs from our sunday-back-in-the-city-of-angels (basking on the sofa in sunlight, writing in bed, heading to the farmer’s market any moment – #divine – as one Does in this beauteous Land.)
how’s your sunday so far, love?
and merci to Madame de Pique for inspiring this post.