patience.

Upon the heat and flame of thy distemper sprinkle cool patience.

William Shakespeare

Hamlet, Act III

image

Patience:  A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.

~Ambrose Bierce

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day. And for once I’m inclined to believe Withnail is right; we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell. Making an enemy of our own future. What we need is harmony. Fresh air.

Withnail and I

image

Waiting is Horrid. Patience is overated. But at least our surroundings are delicious. #sigh

– teamgloria

Darlings – any good quotes in your arsenal on Patience and Waiting and so on and so forth?

Just not all in Good time. You might get a virtual slap (just a tiny one) for that one ;)

What do we wait for?

*hugedramaticsigh*

E v e r y t h i n g.

14 thoughts on “patience.

1. notausgang says:

It’s so good to have found you, Your Glorious Highness. We definitely happen to tune in to the same stellar radio station.

Anton P. Chekhov (I love him dearly):
    “The role of the artist is to ask questions, not answer them.”
    Goes rather beautifully with:
    Rainer M. Rilke:
    “Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”
    As you do!

Personally, I try to fill those waiting periods with meaningfulness. Like when there’s a long road to drive – and you listen to a good audiobook. Or simply catch up on some sleep.
    Gosh, that’s been a long comment. Apologies.

we adore you even more for the Rilke.

we have a friend in NYC whom we used to know first in LA although he’s originally from NYC (we’ve worked out people Do go Back and Forth across America) who introduced us to Rilke, properly. And then a little while ago, when eating at Canters here in LA on a trip West, we saw a mutual friend and we both quoted Rilke and found out that we had both received our first copies of Letters To….from our mutual friend.

isn’t that a splendid signature gift?

your comment was just right.

in fact – perfect.

*wavingfromlosangeles*

1. notausgang says:

What a charming way to bring more beauty into life: a signature gift of Rilke letters. Could you pick just ONE book? I couldn’t – unless I hand-picked what’s inside; there are just so many amazing letters, poems, stories and bits out there… Older and newer… Known or unknown, some almost forgotten. Food for thought!

Love and light from Berlin.

Oh my, it is nearly one in the morning, oops a little after and I am truly and utterly tired after a long day. So while my wish to deliver a phenomenal iron quote that you can cling to like a bar I can just encourage you to believe that you deserve to have good things come your way. It is corny, I know. Hopelessly so. And yet…true. So please remember dear tg. And keep looking from side to side as well and not remain only fixed on the horizon.
    Bonne Nuit,
    H

darlings – Too Kind! the Take That video made us smile, Julia and Heather – good idea – scanning the Horizon, not just in the phone/in-box/mail-box/post-office-delivery-person and george – always – it helps to know you’re there – and William – William – William – no ;-) that is Not a Good Idea, naughty chap. *waiting* sort-of-patiently. for e v e r y t h i n g.

3. 1904 says:

Ah, the perfect message at the perfect time.
    I seemed to have lost my patience.
    Thank you for reminding me I’m not alone.
    Much love from across town,

4. julia says:

aaahhh!!
    i know that feeling of waiting for——- everything. and not being able to sit still. we have an expression for that in german. it’s goes: “Ich habe Hummeln im Arsch.” and it would be translated as “I have bumblebees in my butt.” sorry for being so explicit.. but that’s the way it goes. and i also think it pretty much sums up this feeling.
    i am with you <3

oh, and i was in love with take that (british boy band) when i was 15. they tried a comeback some years ago (without robbie williams who i loved the most) and the result was this, maybe this makes you smile.