I’ve been writing as “gloria” at teamgloria.com for three years now and it’s time to bring this part of my story to a close. An awful lot has happened since April 9th 2011. I started this site because I needed to find my voice again (not that I knew that then).
When I registered the domain teamgloria.com I had no idea I had three tumo(u)rs in my throat or that I was about to go through a five and a half hour surgery to remove them. I just knew that I had lost my way.
Writing teamgloria.com helped me walk away from my job, and life, in Manhattan and start again on the West Coast. Hay House published my book, “How To Stay Sane In A Crazy World”. So many people have written to me saying the book helped them. I am truly grateful – and very moved – by these responses. It certainly changed my life. When I got sick I searched for the book that would help me walk through the misery of illness, surgery and a painful medical leave. I could not find it – so I wrote it myself…….
Back in Los Angeles, after 7 years in NYC, I went back to my original career as a writer (I started as a journalist on The Independent in the UK in 1992). In the past year I have worked as a foreign correspondent for Red (UK), Good Housekeeping (UK), Esquire (Mexico), “Los Angeles, I’m Yours” and ELLE (China). I also started my own consultancy business, went to South Africa as an international judge for the country’s digital awards and have taught many wonderful people how to launch their businesses in the international digital arena.
It’s been an incredible journey.
And now I’m ready to start my next chapter. Sadly “gloria” cannot be part of this new life – it just wouldn’t be appropriate. By the Autumn I hope to be in an entirely new career. I’m thrilled to be able to start again – not many people get the chance to do this. I’ve done it several times, actually.
Maybe one day I’ll write a book about that ;-)
But for now – thank you for being on my teamgloria.com journey – you’ve been brilliant company.
Much love, sophs x
- goodbye, gloria. wp.me/p1ukzN-2X1 4 months ago
- americano at #orrery en route to heathrow and the americas and h o m e. instagram.com/p/mzvvN2OcDt/ 4 months ago
- cheerio #whitstable .........much (much much much) later....arriving in #losangeles again This Was… instagram.com/p/mzPXiuOcMT/ 4 months ago
- a lovely crisp evening on the kentish coast of england. instagram.com/p/mx4-uKOcKB/ 4 months ago
- divine dave. @littlepawse9 instagram.com/p/mxhmLMucGD/ 4 months ago
Kaylene on thoughts from a motel room som… aubrey on goodbye, gloria. Michael on goodbye, gloria. stacy @bklynstacy on goodbye, gloria. SusanfromToronto on goodbye, gloria. Silver Screenings on goodbye, gloria. Maggie on goodbye, gloria.
the most recent past
Top Posts & Pages
- even laundry can be fun if you know how to behave.
- hello from the unfashionable side of bayswater
- considering constance spry.
- weekly photo challenge: future tense
- look who we brought back from our road trip down south.
- hello spring! words by e e cummings, music by mozart and flowers lovingly captured by teamgloria
- 7 pieces of random-ness for a sunday inspired by @Madame_de_Pique
- care and feeding of the soul: roses, friendship, fresh tomatoes and blood red oranges.
- palm springs: pictures by us, words by e e cummings.
random-nessanita loos beijing book books breakfast brooklyn brunch cafe california central park Chandelier chandeliers china coffee decoupage Diana Vreeland dreams Driving east coast portraits england film flowers friends george george snyder hollywood home how to stay sane in a crazy world Hurricane instagram jet lag london los angeles los angeles i'm yours love lunch madrid malibu manhattan milan movie movies moving music Nancy Mitford noel coward novel novels NYC Palm springs paris Pearls photographs rain roses santa monica scar sighting sightings soho st regis sunday sunrise sunset sunshine surgeon surgery synthroid tea the house on church row Things tobias Vita Sackville West william writing
are you pinteresting?
follow teamgloria with bloglovin’